Post a song you love right now

TLC “Diggin’ On You” 1994

least likely song titles: “Baking Soda”

3 Likes

Picking up some strong Bow Wow Wow / Altered Images vibes from this one. I love it.

2 Likes
2 Likes

New category: Song titles least likely to be understood by anyone born after 1990: “Answering Machine”

(other nominations: “Here’s a Quarter (Call Someone Who Cares)”, and of course “Star 69”)

2 Likes

So we’ve had a change of government (Billie Joe Armstrong at the Isle of Wight Festival this year thought we had “our shit together over here” ?!). We’ll see. Maybe they’ll listen to this from Manchester band James first no.1 album (their 18th!). I love that front man Tim Booth says its success is “anti ageist” (he’s 64 same as me and a certain other singer we know).The video is reminiscent of REM’s Bad Day, no?

2 Likes
3 Likes

The synthesizer seems to be coming back into fashion…maybe it adds a bit of nostalgia for certain age groups and appeals to new ones? Mind you, people like Hans Zimmer write music which is timeless and universal in appeal. Sounds like a debate topic!

Been loving this one. This, despite giving his previous album (Boat Songs) several spins with nothing really grabbing me. Funny how it works that way sometimes. The new one, Manning Fireworks is out September 6th.

1 Like

I saw Pixel Grip here in Atlanta back in March and met them at the merch table. They are really cool and pleasant folks in person. This brand new song is a total banger, especially when it kicks into overdrive around the 3:25 mark.

2 Likes

The opener from the new Hamish Hawk album. The album’s great, and I’m a little obsessed with this song right now.

3 Likes

This is where I am right now. Could only find one video and the sound quality was bad. What a great song.

2 Likes