The New Music Thread

This is a nice writeup by Guy Fletcher, who has worked with Mark since the Dire Straits days and handled the production for the single: Guitar Heroes Diary – Guy Fletcher

‘The brief I gave to all the players was simple: “Play as much or as little as you like, and don’t worry about playing over other players—I will sort it out.”’

1 Like

And speaking of Mark, the full new album One Deep River is out now.

2 Likes

The Accidentals have been releasing a couple one off(?) covers, here’s one released today of “Not Strong Enough” by board favorite boygenius:

1 Like

From bandcamp, Wild Arrows new single.

“Änimal” (Visualizer)

Now they’ve all been put together as a cover album.

They do a good job with “Closer to Fine”:

1 Like

As mentioned on R.E.M. HQ - “Sleeping Soldiers of Love,” first single from Johnny Irion’s upcoming album, also titled “Sleeping Soldiers of Love,” The album was mixed by Patrick Sansone and features an all-star cast of players including Jeff Bridges, Mike Mills of REM, and many others.

2 Likes

Latest Decemberists song from the upcoming album.

2 Likes

New Nada Surf.

2 Likes

Folk supergroup, Monsters of Folk, are reissuing their first (and only) album with a bunch of previously unreleased bonus tracks. This is one of them. I had to check it wasn’t a Springsteen cover! Boss-esque. It’s great.

1 Like

I am loving the tracks that I have heard from the upcoming album, Triple Fire, by Los Angeles artist, Geneva Jacuzzi. This is synth goodness across the board.

If you are a big fan of current darkwave music, then see how many artists you can spot in the second video…

1 Like

New music from Julien Baker and Calvin Lauber.

1 Like

Eddie Vedder covers the English Beat.

1 Like

From Moon Mirror, due September 13th.

2 Likes

This song caught my ear a few nights ago on a local roots rock, Americana radio program called The Sound. This is their newest single but I’m not sure if it’s from an upcoming release or not.

2 Likes

Nice, I like that song a lot. Not familiar with them, so checked out some of their other stuff too. Tried starting with their first 2013 self-titled EP, and it was way too Mumford and Sons and I couldn’t deal with it. :smiley: Jumped to the other end and their most recent 2022 album is good though.

1 Like

New Gillian Welch & David Rawlings. Woodland is out on Friday, August 23rd.

1 Like

New from the Alternate Routes:

1 Like

The latest release from Fancy Gap’s debut album which is out on Friday. Some of you may recognize the voice of Stuart McLamb from the Love Language.

1 Like

The new Lunar Vacation tracks have me very excited for their new album. I already love their old stuff, but I think the two teaser tracks they’ve put out are some of their best work so far. They’re another GA band and are actually playing a show at the 40 Watt in September for the release of their album :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great video too. :+1: